Have you ever thought about going on a "Marriage Vacation?"
You know a planned time for the two of you to re-energize your intimacy, friendship and connection. Can I challenge you to try one? The biggest obstacle to overcome is what to do with the kids. You will need to be creative in how you carve out the time to take a "No Kids Marriage Vacation."
But summers provide some excellent alternatives … you can send them to camp for a week, or maybe grandparents would like to do something special with them? You can even carve out some half day activities while your kids are at a day camp or Vacation Bible School.
Dr. Michelle Gannon offers 5 reasons why couples should take a marriage vacation.
- You need to have some time just for the two of you. Although you love your kids, they can unwittingly undermine and weaken your marriage. It is important that you keep working on your most important relationship … with the one who will be rocking on the retirement porch with you.
- This time together will up the fun and friendship in your marriage. Guard this time from conflict resolution and focus on enjoying each other. Try new things … find a climbing wall … go to a show … paddle the river … plan for an adventure. New experiences will draw you closer together and make memories.
- Marriage vacations can revitalize your physical intimacy … you have guaranteed privacy … so schedule it as a priority.
- Plan for some meaningful conversations. Make a list of what needs to be talked about … but you haven’t gotten to … because of the hustle and bustle of everyday routines. Have fun sharing some of your hopes and dreams … .
- These times alone will send an important message to your children that your marriage is important … and trust me they will be thrilled that mommy and daddy are working on loving each other and staying together. It will give them an example to follow when they have a spouse and family of their own.
Add Some Real Romance ... on a Retreat in Cape May!! Plan Now!! ($350 / couple)
Join us in Cape May, NJ - Sept. 16 - 18, 2016
Click for more information as well as reservation details.